viernes, junio 23, 2006

I CROSSED ALABAMA AS WELL

<--- I took the pic out in Springville, AL. From where I sent my first badge of belongings throught the USPS. I freaking old cow hit my car at the lot... but I was so pissed with all those accidents and paperwork that I dropped it and left...

I just paid a visit to my fellow blogger Mitch, from Cracow, in Poland, who is still living in Alexandria, VA, and realised he's recently been to Montgomery, AL, where all the Civil Rights movements started at, with that black (colored/coloured) lady decided not to yield his seat at the bus he was at to a white gentleman (maybe not so gentleman,... it's not about colour, but asking an old lady to stand up to take her seat... that somehow impairs the so boasted South chivalry...).
All that just to say that I got a bit jealous and hurt on my own selfesteem.
I went through Alabama myself as well. As you might see on the map, on the trip south to the border, I crossed the whole State from one corner to the other. I entered by I-59, I think it was and went all the way down till I got to Mississippi. In fact, let me name all the states that I drove through,... that was Maryland, Virginia, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Lousiana and Texas. Not bad, is it? I ended up paying a $180 traffic ticket in Maverick Co. Texas, but didn't have to attend court.
Well the point is that, as Mitch did, I went to AL,... I still remember leaving TN at night and getting into Georgia,... with all those signs directing you towards Chattanooga... Isn't it great hearing all those name bringing you back to the Civil War...? I think it is... but I am a really sensitive kind of guy... that's what it takes...
So this post is just meant to say Hi to Mitch, to Karolina. Just to wish you guys are doing all right back there over the pond...
Sorry Poland got kicked-off from the WC but that's life...
We'll see how Spain does on Tuesday... hopefully we can kick out those French bastards' asses...!! bloody perverts... they are to blame for a huge bunch of the bad we suffer here in Spain...

1 Comments:

Blogger Wujek Zdzisek z Ameryki said...

Diego,
Seems Spain was kicked out as well. So was France. Well, this was just a football world cup, so who cares :-))). I can assure you that not many on this side of the pond, but we watched the final game. We're back from our trip around US! Pictures and stories soon :-).

10 julio, 2006 10:15  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home